Monday, August 18, 2008

A Day at the Solvig’s

Got up at 7 and had breakfast with everyone today before we headed out to the Solvig’s to do some work.The guys did the hard work—they knocked down a wall to create a door between what will serve as the Solvig's kid's school room. It was impressive. here's a little video of it falling down:

I learned how to cook Pulet Yasso. It's a tasty chicken dish. Cheryl Solvig taught me how to make it. I helped out with Lunch and dinner. There is another missionary family coming soon (the Straws) and so they guys put screens over all their windows so the bugs don't get in and I helped sweep out the house.We went to a pastor's family's house too. They are taking care of 18 (I think) kids, some of them are their kids and the rest are abandoned children. We picked up some desks there that they had for the Solvig's kids to use because they are going to be homeschooled this year.I helped with some random chores too, like carrying some books to a different room and emptying out the room that they cut the door in. The rest of the time I took a nap, watched the olympics and read a book that Cheryl game me. So it was pretty awesome.We all had dinner together and then I played cards with Meredith and Cheryl and with the two younger Solvig girls, Stephanie and Katie. They stomped me, but it was fun.On the way back I got to ride in the back of the pick-up truck. It was exciting. No one thought I would do it. Ha. I'm tough :-p 
Anyway, it's been great to get everyone's messages and emails! Keep them coming; I love to hear from you all!
Also, prayer requests: my sleep schedule is all messed up, and I'm exhausted during the day, but I can't seem to fall asleep at night, so, I'd appreciate prayer that that would get worked out and I can sleep when I go to bed at night!

Au Revoir!
Jessica



No comments: