Monday, June 22, 2009

Tally Ho!

The interview went great. The school looks fantastic and they were very encouraging about making everything work out in time for this upcoming session.

The trip out was great too. It was really nice to see Karl, Bev, Carol and Eric. It's so great to see family again! We saw Grandma Ruth too one afternoon. And then on are way home we ate lunch with Marcella and Elisa (I met her in Bongolo--it was fun meeting up on this side!). Then we visited with Marcella and her family for a bit. We got to hear they baby's heartbeat! That was pretty amazing. Marcella is due in 4 weeks, so as her mom put it, it could be anywhere from 2-6 weeks now!

The drive back was pretty uneventful, although overall I think we drove something like 30 hours and then some!

So now that we're back I've been working on getting all kinds of documents and copies and whatnot ready so I can be in Cleveland all ready to go on the 6th of July! It's strange to be heading off so soon after getting back. So it's two weeks until I head out again, of course it's not like I'm going to Africa or Mexico or anything :-)

The best part about all this is that this means I will get to work with kids (which I love) and it should pay pretty well, and that means that I get to have fun and in a little while I'll be free enough to do more missions work or wherever God leads at that point! Anyway, being free from loans sounds fabulous, and working with kids sounds great. The school will probably be a lot of fun I think too. It sounds like some mix of college and playing with kids and art classes. I don't know what wouldn't be great about it.

So now I just need to get my Iowa's drivers license (now that I "live" here :-p) get cleared by the FBI and local police and pack up to move away again!


No comments: